Friday, February 03, 2012

Book Review Friday - Priscilla the Great series by Sybil Nelson

In this review, I'll be reviewing all three books in the Priscilla the Great series - Priscilla the Great (book 1), Priscilla the Great: The Kiss of Life (book 2) and Priscilla the Great: Too Little Too Late (book 3). Sybil is busy going through edits for the Priscilla the Great book 4, so that will be another to add to my growing list of TBR, albeit they are all on my kindle and not stacked up next to the bed.

When I read Priscilla the Great, I was thinking "interesting concept" and then when she talked about her twin brothers I totally was like "whoa, wait a minute is Priscilla the Great the same author of something I read earlier?" I had to search through my finished collection on my kindle to find the other book and sure enough, same author. I read Priscilla the Great unknowingly that I had read something else by this author. I totally enjoyed it and finding out more about Priscilla and what made her "great" was fun.

Each book is a look into how Priscilla, her family and other kids help save the world, one little corner at a time, from an evil doctor who was doing genetic experiments and created these not so much human like "people". Priscilla and her newfound friends go to different parts of the world to battle other mutants and save whatever is in need of saving. It's fun to follow the group, which includes other family members and these young people who were rescued in the first book. Sybil writes with a flare that makes you believe that you are right there with the characters.

Experience the trials and tribulations of a seemingly normal teenager who has spectular adventures. This reader is looking forward to reading the next in the series.

Priscilla the Great books are available everywhere and are available in both print and ebook format. Check out her blog for contests and giveaways galore.


Next week's review will be Leslie Dubois's Ain't No Sunshine, the beginning of the lead up to Leslie's appearance on my blog. Monday will be the beginning of a 3-part marketing plan. WWYWWQ will be an improvised posting since I don't have any questions from students. See you all in the postings - E :)

No comments: