Saturday, July 14, 2007

Weird Post Office Box happening

I went to the post office yesterday and checked the mail. When I opened my box, there was a copy of Glimmer Train Stories (by subscription only from what I can see on the website) and Writers Ask (Glimmer Train Press's Newsletter of sorts, again by subscription only). I haven't subscribed to either of these publications; have thought of submitting a story to Glimmer Train but have not yet. Anyway - I figured someone sent me a copy of these issues to be nice or something. I would like to thank whoever sent them to me or subscribed me to both of them. The strange thing was that both items were addressed to me (with this spelling - Elysabeth) but to my old address (a house we haven't lived in for 2-1/2 years now since we moved to this house in the same town in December of 2004) and yet they were delivered to my PO box. Thank goodness for small towns and the folks at the post office knowing who I am and putting them in my box.

So naturally since there was no gift card, no indication that I subscribed to these publications, and no note to say I was to review the stories for anyone, I would just like to thank whoever sent these to me or subscribed me to the publications (although I just think these are sample copies as there is no subscription information - per the website on when subscriptions expire - on the labels that were on the cards inside the packaging (according to website expiration of subscription can be found in the line that is above your name - but there is nothing indicating something like this).

So I give whoever had these sent to me a deep felt thank you - E :)

2 comments:

Cas said...

My daughter, Katie, would say the writer elves paid you a visit.

Enjoy!

Cidermaker said...

Your Post Office must have somehow linked up with the Wincanton (UK) branch of the Ankh-Morpork Post Office. Yet another connection between the Discworld and the Round World. lol