Sunday, January 06, 2013

This and That

I forgot to post this Sunday so figured while I was posting new blog postings better catch you all up on what happened this past week.

Ebook sales are still at nil.  Nothing since the middle of the December, but it's all good.  Last Wednesday, I went to the Anderson County Library for the showing of Brave and started chatting with another parent who was reading a library book and she bought two of the State books (Successes and Quarries) for her two boys.  I also gave each of them a bookworm and a USA map puzzle. 

Hoping the rest of the year shows some serious sales but that is a decent start to the year.  Now to have about 20 more sales this month - lol - that would really make my day to do that on a monthly basis but I'm not going to hold my breath on that one.  I'll take whatever I can get. 

Friday evening while waiting for my supper at the local Wings place here in town (no, I don't eat wings because they are costly and don't satisfy me - I always get a chicken sandwich which is very tasty), a family came up to pay and I offered a bookmark to the older girl and the mother asked if she could have one too because she was a librarian at a school in Greenwood County.  I told her about the writing contest and got her email address to send her the information to pass on to the students.  I'll send out a reminder email to all the schools I've contacted around the 21st so hopefully I'll have many entries.  I've already purchased the envelopes for the schools to send me the entries.  I found some cool ticket reward things for the students whose stories I select at Dollar Tree.  So don't forget if you have a student who  would like to submit an idea for Kelly and Emma Louise, the deadline is the 31st of this month.  All submissions will be considered and I'll probably send a bookworm to each person who submits.  Looking forward to seeing what the students comes up with.  See you all in the postings - Mrs. E ;)

No comments: