Tuesday, January 08, 2013

Bookworm colors

Seems Walmart isn't carrying many of the colors of my previously made and sold bookworms, so there will be a few changes along the this year.  I guess the saying  for me is, if you have the money at the time and they have several skeins of the varigated colors you want then get them while you can.

I went to our Walmart yesterday and picked up a Monet, Watercolor, Heartfelt and Bonbon print.  This evening I decided to go to the Walmart in Greenwood and was confused because I thought for sure the last time I bought yarn from a different Walmart was this past summer when I was toting my friend Andi around to doctors' appointments and I really thought I had been in the Greenwood Walmart.  But when I walked into the Walmart I was thinking, not the right Walmart because the food center was where I remembered the crafts/yarn/seasonal type things being.  Well, after finding the craft/yarn/material department in this Walmart and seeing that their selection was even less than the Anderson Walmart, it dawned on me that I actually had purchased yarn at the Laurens Walmart this past summer and they had a pretty decent selection.  I did pick up one skein of Woodsy, another one of Heartfelt and a real  pretty one called Wildflower.

If you would like to see samples of the yarns, just go to Red Heart and click on their yarns and checking out the super saver yarns - as those are what I use for all the bookworms.  As soon as I get these made up, I'll post actual pictures of the colors that are new to the collection.  I guess I'll be making a trip to Laurens either the end of this month or beginning of next since I have a pretty big event planned for March and really need to keep my bookworm supply full.  See you all in the postings.  - Mrs. E :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like we'll be seeing some new colors for the bookworms this year. Have fun making them. : )

elysabeth said...

Just a few. I'm hoping to pick up more of the same colors I had previously. Speaking of bookworms, how did everyone like their bookworms that you won? Hoping everyone loved them and see you in the postings - E :)