Monday, June 11, 2012

Ellis Vidler's Unpredictable Muse: 3 Approaches, 1 Subject: Toussaint. Iyer. Staggs.

This was an interesting approach for a blog posting over on Ellis's Unpredictable Muse blog.  This is similar to what I did with my new novel - Imogene:  Innocense Lost.  I was thinking on the lines of posting the pictures here and letting ya'll see what the inspiration of the story is and maybe ask for some suggestions to move it forward.  I'm pretty resolved about making this story true fiction - everything is made up and there are no facts to drive the core of the story since it is a time dated piece.  I'm thinking Imogene will need an "author's note" to explain that other than using real places the story is truly fictional in that I couldn't make the time fit any of the facts for that time period.  Be on the lookout for the pictures at a later date.  In the meantime, stop over at Ellis's blog and see what Maggie Toussiant (see my posting from Friday about Maggie's workshop on pacing), Earl Staggs (only know him from online and having read some of his stories for the Derringers when I was a judge) and Polly Iyer (a member of our local chapter of Sisters in Crime and suspense author) have to say about this man.

Ellis Vidler's Unpredictable Muse: 3 Approaches, 1 Subject: Toussaint. Iyer. Staggs.: Salvatore Vuono,

I asked three excellent but very different authors to write a description of this pic...

No comments: