Monday, December 19, 2011

QR codes

What is a QR code? Defined it is a quick response (QR) 2-D code for instant access to an indefinite amount of information. They can be used for anything from a way to enter contests to direct links to buy merchandise and everything in between. I've created QR codes for my ebooks' direct buying links, which I'll be placing on the back of my printed covers for my display when I'm doing events. I'll also print up some business cards to hand out for each of the covers that are available as ebooks. I'm hoping this will boost my sales. I would love to see more folks requesting kindlegraphs for ebooks they purchase or books they brought from either Amazon or Barnes & Noble or even my createspace pages, but I guess that will come in due time.

To make your own QR codes, there are many places to generate them from but this is the one I used. I also created a business card QR code with this website. You can create a number of different links. Try it out for yourself.

The business card didn't work so I will work on how to get that to work and post at a later date.


Here are the QR codes for the three books available as ebooks:


Finally Home QR for Kindle:


Finally Home QR for Nook:



"The Proposal" (an April Fools Day story) QR for Kindle:


"The Proposal" (an April Fools Day story) QR for Nook:



"The Tulip Kiss", a paranormal romance QR for Kindle:


"The Tulip Kiss", a paranormal romance QR for Nook:


If they don't work for you all, please let me know. See you all in the postings - E :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I tried to request the kindlegraph signatures for the ebooks I purchased, but couldn't figure it out right or couldn't get it to work for me. Maybe a bit of both. Might also be because my kindle is one of those free kindles for PC from Amazon.

I look forward to getting started on reading the ebooks after Christmas.

Also glad to learn what QR codes are.

elysabeth said...

Susanne,

Sorry to hear you are having problems requesting the kindlegraphs. Here is my direct link - http://www.kindlegraph.com/authors/elysabeth42 - when you go to that page, you need to sign in with your twitter account and then set up your account to have your kindlegraph sent to your email addy instead of a kindle email addy - once you have done that, you can click on the request kindlegraph button on the title of the books you would like; you can now write messages to the authors and then send your request. I suggest you follow @kindlegraph on twitter and if you continue to have problems, please PM Evan (the creator of kindlegraph) and he can help you through the process. He can set your account up if you want him to - so you can request kindlegraphs. I would love to sign some kindlegraphs for folks but as of yet, I've had one request - :(( - not good especially since I now have 9 books out there and will hopefully be releasing two more ebooks this year and rereleasing my predecessor to my state series, "Train of Clues" no later than the first week or so of January.

I hope you enjoy my stories. Looking forward to hearing what you think - E :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Elysabeth, I'll give it a try.