Sunday, August 30, 2009

Week 3 (what a day) - lol

Yep, tomorrow is officially three weeks since Hailie got her learner's permit. She's been driving down the driveway when we have to go anywhere but that had been the extent of driving, other than last weekend when she spent the night with her friend who got her permit the Friday before she did. She called me up and asked if it was okay if she drove in the parking lot with her friend and her friend's mother. So as long as there is a licensed driver over 21, she is good to go. They drove in the parking lot at the high school since it is huge and there are no vehicles there on the weekends. Great place to learn turns and parking and work on parallel parking.

So today when I picked her up from church, she wanted to drive home. I know she needs to practice driving on the street but I still have a hard time letting go right now. I just don't think she is ready. I let her drive home and she did okay except at the stop signs, she still tends to be heavy on the brakes - can't seem to grasp that easing on them. We had a little bit of traffic on our road and I know she was scared but she did pretty good. I didn't yell at her except reminded her to pay attention to her mirrors and what's going on around her and to be aware. I know with more practice she will get there but I'm not sure I can survive the practice times too much - lol - Anyway - if you are in the area, be on the lookout for new drivers in town - at least two right now - Hailie and her friend - until next time, see you all in the postings - E :)

No comments: