Friday, March 16, 2007

Reviews, Jane's story and freaky computer thing


Jane's story is officially up - see the cover -

Can't wait to see how she does.

Remember folks that if you purchase a book to please do a quick review on the Echelon site. That so much helps the sales of the stories. And, they can't hurt either. I'm hoping to use some prepublished reviews on my next story "Butterfly Halves" (because the reviews are so good and really make me believe that I have written a pretty good story).

Jane and I had a freaky computer experience last night while we were chatting and checking out echelon's site. We had both read Yvonne's story (February's winner) and were going to do a review for her. I was logged in on my account and when Jane opened the Echelon site and clicked on the webstore, it said "Welcome Elysabeth! ..." - and that was freaking us both out. So I logged off and told Jane to log off and to sign in as herself. Naturally, after being informed that she was in as her, I opened a browser and clicked on the web store link and my greeting was "Welcome Janelle! ..." - now we both were freaking out. Humm, what do we do. Jane scans her computer for viruses and goes to another (a desktop as opposed to the laptop). Same thing happens several more times. Finally, we decided to delete cookies and temp files and see if that rectified the problem. Seems it worked. After deleting all the junk, we were able to open the browser and Echelon's site and the webstore page with a greeting that said Welcome guest!... - and then when one was logged in, we were still geting the guest page until we logged ourselves in. We are unsure what caused that problem but it was very freaky. We decided it would be a good story to write - so who knows you may see a combined story about the computer mishap on the ides of March (considering this was taking place between 2 and 3:30 a.m. it was really the 16th of March, not the 15th. But who knows - will wait to see what Jane comes up with idea wise on the story - and go from there.

For now - hope to see you all in the postings - E :)

2 comments:

astrologymemphis.blogspot.com said...

That is weird. My computer does strange stuff sometimes. Every once in a while, I'll be writing comments in a blog or some other online place, and everytime I try to type an apostrophe, or a forward slash between dates, my computer dings, and a pink search bar appears at the bottom of the page. It drives me insane. I don't know why it keeps popping up or where it comes from. I managed to get rid of it once for a long time, but now it's back again.

Rain-drop said...

What a weird computer thing! I wonder why it would do that, and repeatedly. Maybe it's an Echelon site problem? At first I was going to say, you guys accidentally logged in as each other, but then that became obviously not it, and it continued to happen. Then it said "guest" to you both. How weird! I'm glad the problem was solved, because I know that website is important to you and Jane. Her cover for "Hear the Wind Blow" is beautiful! Whoever did the art/photo for it...I really love it. :)