Saturday, January 09, 2010
What a wonderful way to support your local library and accomplish that reading goal you have set for the new year. Follow the link of the title to sign up for the challenge. The challenge runs all year long. Here are the guidelines for the challenge:
1. Anyone can join. You don't need a blog to participate.
--Non-Bloggers: Post your list of books in the comment section of the wrap-up post. To learn how to sign up without having a blog, click on the link on the original webpage (J. Kaye's Book Blog).
2. There are four levels:
--The Mini – Check out and read 25 library books.
--Just My Size – Check out and read 50 library books.
--Stepping It Up – Check out and read 75 library books.
--Super Size Me – Check out and read 100 library books.
(Aim high. As long as you read 25 by the end of 2010, you are a winner.)
3. Audio, Re-reads, eBooks, YA, Young Reader – any book as long as it is checked out from the library count. Checked out like with a library card, not purchased at a library sale.
4. No need to list your books in advance. You may select books as you go. Even if you list them now, you can change the list if needed.
5. Crossovers from other reading challenges count.
6. Challenge begins January 1st and ends December 31, 2010.
Since Mr. Hughes' sixth grade class all signed up for and received a library card back during Library card month, I think I will challenge them to participate and post their readings on the group wiki we have for our writing challenges. A book a week would be great to see everyone reading. See you all in the postings - E ;)