Thursday, January 10, 2008

Contract and deal

It seems from the comments being made on my post about contracting an agent and 50-story deal in the works that some folks are trying to ruin the reputation of good folks whom they don't know. Anonymous from the Bronx, New York left a comment on my last post about my story deal being a scam and that hopefully I am not paying them to publish my stories, and that the marketing alone would be well over a billion dollars. There are 50 states and I am doing a story on each state with the state being the mystery, so yes a 50-story deal is possible and the stories will be marketed ss a series since you can't market one state without marketing all the others. (when you realize that the stories are over a long period of time to be published, yes it is very possible to do this).

When the contract is official, I will post more details but for now, the agent contracted (and whether or not she has worked in New York or any other place is irrelevant because we all have to get a start somewhere) stands and we are working with the publisher to get the stories done.

So unless you have had dealings that have been bad or otherwise with Aidana WillowRaven or Living Waters Publishing, then please stop trying to tear them down because of their christian beliefs. I will write my stories and get them out there and you nonbelievers will be standing in the dust and your jaws will be dropping. And any of you naysayers out there, please don't buy my books when they come out because I would hate to say I told you so. see you all in the postings - E :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Elsyabeth, just because someone has serious reservations about your publisher and/or agent, it doesn't mean it's because of their Christian beliefs. Hopefully your experience will be a good one, but know that if a publisher has an agent on staff, and that agent is the one who represents you in your dealings with the publisher, most people in the industry--Christians and non-Christians alike--are going to consider that a conflict of interest. Dismissing those with concerns as "non-believers" is convenient, but doesn't make much sense, since their concerns have to do with the company's business practices, not with the beliefs of its staff.
Again, hopefully you will have a good experience and you will be happy with your books when they come out.
For anyone who is confused now about agents or still has questions, here are just two great resources from the web:

http://www.agentquery.com/

http://anotherealm.com/prededitors/pubagent.htm

Best wishes.

Anonymous said...

http://www.litmatch.net is a great site as well.

I really do hope that things work out well for you.

Anonymous said...

I wish you all the best and congratulations on your contract. I must say though, that just because someone has expressed concern over the details of your deal does not mean that they are coming against you or your religious beliefs. I truly think the person who left the link to a discussion of the publisher and agent was only trying to help. I'm a Christian, too, and hope everything goes as planned and you are blessed tremendously. Keep your eyes open and be sure you're satisfied with only a high quality book in which you can take great pride.

Lea Schizas - Author/Editor said...

Elysabeth, congratulations on your contract. I wish you nothing but success. My own children's picture book series, The Robbie and Katie Adventure series, is also contracted with Living Waters and eagerly awaiting the first book to be published.