Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Some Like it Old!

No this isn't about the wedding saying - Something New, Something Old, Something Borrowed, Something Blue. This is about "old rock day". I don't know about all of you but I'm sure the rocks in my yard have been around a long time. I've lived here about five years and the rocks were here well before I got here. Anyone want to find out the oldest rock anywhere and post it here is welcome to do so.

Another today is ... item - Harlem Globetrotter's Day. I know that this team is old, but not as old as the rocks in my yard - lol. I can remember watching them on TV when I was kid. Then, of course, as is normal, the Globetrotter's aged and were replaced by the new and younger models but they weren't nearly as entertaining as the original group I grew up with. It was fun to watch them dribble and do all their interesting tactics on the basketball floor. So maybe instead of finding old rocks and figuring out how to date them we should go out and learn some new basketball tricks to show our friends.

1 comment:

Rena Jones said...

LOL @ "old rock day". I remember posting about that one last year on a message board I'm on. Funny.